- 1996: Induction into The Louisiana Hall of Fame for his efforts in years of dedication to the promotion and preservation of Louisiana music.
- October 1998: The prestigious CFMA (Cajun French Music Association) Award for his contribution in preserving the Cajun language, music, and culture.
- October 1999: The Louisiana Blues Hall of Fame recognition “for his extraordinary work in the preservation of Louisiana Music and heritage”.
- April 17, 2000: The “Citizen of the Year” award from The Eunice Harmony Lodge.
- October 1998: Crowned the Ville Platte Cotton Festival King.
- May 2000: Louisiana Music Commission's highest honor, “Music Decree”, issued to Paul and KBON for efforts in promoting Louisiana music.
- September 2000: The “Lifetime Achievement Award” issued by Louisiana Governor M. J. “Mike” Foster, Jr. and the State of Louisiana for contribution to the preservation of Louisiana music.
- January 2002: Induction into the historical Erath Acadian Museum as a “Living Legend”.
- 2006: The Louisiana Association of Broadcasters Award for “35 years of Distinguished Service in Broadcasting” (all those years promoting Louisiana musicians) and “The Golden Mike Award” (The highest honor paid to a broadcaster) for his dedication to promoting the state of Louisiana.
- November 2006: Induction into the Lake Charles chapter of the C.F.M.A. (Cajun French Music Association) “Hall of Fame”.
- 2009: Grand Marshall of the Gueydan Duck Festival.
- October 2010: Crowned the Basile Swine Festival King.
KBON 101.1 FM, Louisiana Proud Radio, is a locally owned Louisiana Music powerhouse situated in the heart of Cajun Country, Eunice Louisiana. Their programming is a unique variety of music with a Louisiana flavor; Cajun, Swamp Pop, Zydeco, Country, Classic Country, Oldies, Blues, and more.
Proud to be recognized as “THE” Louisiana Radio Station, Paul and KBON 101.1 FM continue to promote their rich heritage and culture because are they are Louisiana Proud!
"Let us, before we die,
gather up our heritage
and offer it to our children",
they don’t just say it; they live it!